27/05/2015

Birthday

Last week I celebrated my BIRTHDAY

 This Birthday for me, is the first absolutely vegan one. Some one migth say, that it is not possible to celebrate birthday without sweet, fat cakes, lots of snacks and junk food, but I would tell you it is not true. It can be celebrated absolutely different. In my one I even had real birthday cake.








First sweets - truffle, witch reached me on evening before. They were made by my loved mum. Sweets are made from dried fruits and nuts, mixing them in food processor and then forming the shape you want. They were so tasty - I couldn't stop eating.

Next dessert were exotic fruit. I wanted to taste them for so long, but just because they are so expensive in my country I couldn't do it before. And now I thought, why not to cheer my self for this great occasion with great combination. I must say that taste of some of them was disappointing for me. I think it is just because they are brought still green and don't have chance to ripe. Hope some day I could try them in the original country.

During the day I ate very tasty and easily made dishes: coconut soup
Potatoes baked in the oven with fresh tomato
Fresh salad with vegan bread (also made by my mum) and grounded hemp seeds on the top.

After very tasty lunch, we had unbaked cupcakes. It was so tasty. Recipe find here

And so the time to look presents came. Perfect place to do this is by warming my self next to wonderful source of warmness - fireplace. I miss this goodness so much. And the present is very grate: book of  R. Ferguson "Juice" - this book is wonderfull encyclopedia about juice, that talks you about what good gives you every ingredient, and is adapted for every moment: from bettering your mood to detoxication. First look let my to hope, that after reading it fully, it will become my every day helper.

And what Birthday without birthday cake. We tasted it on evening. Very different taste with Goji berries or grilled lime zest on the top (I liked both of them). This cake was made by my mum (recipe inspired by Gražina Gum).

And what Birthday without flowers :)

This year I understood that exactly Birthday signify to me. I felt, that it is necesary to celebrate. Also it is like persons New Year, when you can change something in your life and to start lots of things from new or to change these you didn't liked before.
But finally I am happy, that my life is changing in a good way. I hope, that this first Birthday is just a begining...

No comments:

Post a Comment